Are you passionate about working with young people and supporting the health and social care sector?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team and is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. The successful candidate must be as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
Countless talented young people across the country are unemployed, under-employed or looking for a better career. Meanwhile, across social care and the NHS (the largest employer in Europe), there is currently a staffing crisis with thousands of vacancies across hundreds of roles. In this role, you have the power to make a difference in this crucial time.
Could you lead our programmes to support 10,000 young people into health and care careers by 2023?
Working as part of a regional team, you will work with clear objectives to ‘connect’, ‘progress’ and help ‘transform’ the lives of young people who need us most.
To support our delivery requirements across England we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals who have an understanding of the Health & Social Care sector, experience working with data, experience of working with young adults, ability to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience, and A strong understanding of the challenges young people from within The Trust’s target groups might face.
For more information, click here for the job description. (This will all open in a new window)
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality Network), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network).
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to The Princes Trust recruitment page where you can apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.
Location: Solent area (Southampton, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight etc)