We have ambitions to grow our offer to young people by providing a?blended approach of face-to-face and digital delivery and support.
To help us on this journey we are looking for passionate and motivated? Youth Development Leads based in the Edinburgh area, to join our dynamic team in the following roles:
This role involves managing a caseload of young people aged 16-30 into?sustainable outcomes? through our core? Employability, Enterprise & Personal Social Development programmes, with a blended approach of working 121 with young people directly?and working closely with other Youth Development colleagues delivering programmes and group sessions.
This role is delivery focused and involves supporting groups of young people aged 16-30 through Employability, Enterprise & Personal Social Development programmes.
You will work with partners to plan, lead and develop these courses, while providing mentorship and 1-2-1 support to help young people achieve quality outcomes across Edinburgh, Fife, Forth Valley, the Lothians and the Scottish Borders.
We are looking for people who:
- Are natural and effective communicators, passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Have experience in supporting young people aged 16-30 within The Prince’s Trust target groups
- Will thrive in a busy and dynamic role and are able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Are able to work efficiently and effectively to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Have experience of working on their own initiative to achieve individual and team objectives ?
- Have fine attention to detail and can process paperwork and computerised administration tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Have a strong understanding of the challenges young people from within The Trust’s target groups might face
We have a mixture of fixed-term and permanent roles available and they will be home-based with a blended approach of both digital and face-to-face working.
For more information, please click here for the job description. (This will open in a new window)
Why we need Youth Development Leads:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality Network), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network).
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to The Princes Trust recruitment page where you can apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.