The role will initially require a blended approach to Office and Home working, in line with government guidelines, but will eventually be based in our London Hub in Tower Hamlets and Southwark, with some flexibility needed to travel across London.
Our Enterprise Youth Development Leads help young people aged 18-30 to learn about self-employment and to decide whether starting a business is right for them. We ensure service users have the tools and skills they need to launch their businesses through our Explore Enterprise Course and offer mentoring, workshops, and funding to support new entrepreneurs at every stage of their business start-up journey.
This role is perfect for you if you have skills and experience in Self-Employment and are passionate about supporting young entrepreneurs to develop their businesses. The work you do both independently and as part of the Sussex team will raise the aspirations of young people and help to transform young lives.
Suitable candidates may have one or more of the following:
- Qualifications in Business Management
- Experience in having set up their own business
Key parts of this role will include:
- Delivering workshops and training on entrepreneurship
- Providing 1-to-1 support directly to our service users
- Supporting the development of business plans and financial forecasts
- Working closely with volunteers and partner organisations to support our Young People
- Working with wider colleagues to achieve a positive outcome for service users
The role will also involve accurately completing paperwork, using our internal customer relationship management software to actively onboard and manage our Young People and day-to-day general administration.
We are looking for someone who:
Is an effective communicator and collaborator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- Will thrive in a busy and dynamic role and is able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Is able to work efficiently and effectively to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Can confidently work as part of a team, with other departments across the organisation and externally with delivery partners and volunteers
- Has experience of working on their own initiative to achieve individual and team objectives
- Can write, develop, and deliver lesson plans both face-to-face and virtually, utilising digital technology (including MS Teams)
- Has a fine attention to detail and can process paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Has a strong understanding of the challenges young people from within The Trust’s target groups might face
We work with young people from every background, so we are passionate about building a diverse workforce that represents the young people we support. We therefore welcome applications from everyone who meets the essential criteria for the role. If you believe you have the passion and skills to help young people change their lives and enter entrepreneurship, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information, please go to the job description. (This will open in a new window)
Why we need Youth Develoment Leads:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality Network), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network).
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to The Princes Trust recruitment page where you can apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.