We’re looking for unique individuals to support and enrich the lives of a young individual and their wonderful family.
This is a unique new service supporting one child at home working alongside the family. You will be supported by a manager and a deputy and put into practice a plan developed by the family, therapists and Sense as part of a team around the individual.
About the role
You will support a child with multi sensory impairment and complex needs both in the home and community. Working alongside a manager and a deputy and put into practice a plan developed by the family, therapists and Sense as part of a team around the child.
You will receive specialist intervenor training to support you to be able to communicate with this wonderful individual.
Working can be flexible, we will assess your suitability / availability and a mutual agreement will be made with you and the family. Support will be around the clock out of school hours so mainly evenings and nights, weekends and school holidays. We also have other services that you may well be suitable for, if so, we will discuss these with you too.
- We’re looking for experienced support workers who want to take their practice to the next level and can bring empathy and knowledge to supporting this child in innovative ways.
- It is really important that you’re adaptable and able to work on your own initiative, always putting the people we support first. We are looking for people that really embrace our values and ‘I’ statements.
• Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disability and associated needs, either in a child’s or family setting.
• Have a Valid UK driving licence.
• Willing to work towards a British Sign Language level one or Makaton qualification
• Knowledge of British Sign Language (BSL or equivalent)
• Early years/children’s qualification at level 3
• A recognised Intervenor qualification
In return you will receive:
• £10.10 per hour
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Extensive employee discount scheme
• Bespoke training and personal development
• And many, many more
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying. Please note we will be conducting interviews as suitable applications are received, therefore the role may close sooner than the date advised.
If you are a candidate that requires a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment department email@example.com.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
No agencies please, any applications without prior approval will be treated as our own, as such, no fee will be payable.