This is a permanent position working 37.5 hours a week. A fanatstic opportunity for an individual looking for work life balance, as this role offers day shifts, Monday - Friday 8.45 am – 16.15 pm. The Day Service is also closed on all UK bank holdiays. We are offering a Social Care Team Leader at sense a salary of £24,138 which Includes the inner London allowance.
Touch Base South East is a purpose built centre which is the base for a huge variety of social activities and education based sessions, it is located within the heart of the local community and is a short walk from the local high street and its public transport network. Sessions at the centre are tailor-made to suit individual or group needs. This means that we could be supporting somebody out on a day trip one day and in the hydrotherapy pool the next. Other activities on offer to the people we support in Barnet include IT, basic literacy and numeracy, gardening, cooking, music activities, communication practice, work placements in local businesses, art activities, sensory environments and to access facilities in the local community.
As a Team Leader within TouchBase Day Service you will support adults over the age of eighteen who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loss, communication difficulties and learning disabilities. We are looking for a frontline hands on Team Leader who will support the Day Service Manager and Deputy Managers in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service. Pay special attention to faclitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide you will assist with rota's, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance. Demonstrating willingness to participate in training and development which may be at any of our national locations. You will need to communicate in a variety of different methods and be prepared to deal with challenging situations, and will be expected to work on your own initiative and show patience and understanding.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment, generous leave arrangements and employee benefits and access to a pension scheme?
If you are interested we would love to hear from you!
Does this sound right for you?
Social Care Team Leader, South East centre in Barnet, Benefits:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free meals on shift
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Social Care Team Leader, South East centre in Barnet, Duties:
- Support the Day Service Manager and Deputy Managers in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services
- You will assist the managers in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team
Social Care Team Leader, South East centre in Barnet, Required Experience:
- Previous experience as a support worker / team leader in a similar setting
- Experience and proven track record of motivating others including carrying out supervision meetings
- You will have experience of working with adults with disabilities, monitoring the personalised care provided, reviewing, identifying and resolving issues
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.