This is a permanent opportunity working 37.5 hours per week.
To support the team to deliver a quality and imaginative service to adults within the centre and in the local community. To support the team to deliver children’s weekend term time short break services and holiday play schemes. To support individuals to access the community from their homes as and when required
We have great relationships and support from family and friends. Due to our different needs we are supported over 24hrs day with a variety of staffing/combination shifts and waking nights.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Support the Day Service Manager and Deputy Managers in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- You will assist the managers in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Previous experience as a support worker or team leader in a similar setting.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. Before applying please read the full job description and person specification.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.