Hayes House is a residential service in Ottery St Mary, Devon. Supporting 5 individuals with a Learning Disability, where they live fulfilled and independent lives with the support they require.
This is a new service to Sense, we are excited for the changes that are planned and looking for committed team members to join us for what will be an exciting and rewarding journey, that you will be very much part of that positive change and development.
We are flexible with peoples requirements so are able to offer contracts from 7.5 up to 37.5 hours per week.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Personal care.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Caring/Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.