his is a permanent role, with contracts available up to 30 hours per week. We work flexibly accross the week so can offer part time/full time and releif/bank contracts. A fantastic work environmnet to develop yourself in the care sector, and even for a first time support worker, as we don't requrie any existing experience, we will provided you with all the specialised training!
We are a peaceful, homely Victorian house in the historic town of Glastonbury, surrounded by the Somerset countryside with links to the major towns of Bristol, Bath and Taunton. Glastonbury is a lovely vibrant town with lots of attractions, making this an ideal work base for those who like adventure – as do the people we support. We enjoy a wide range of activities that include swimming, long walks, art, drumming, trampoline, beach trips, bus/train trips, camping, holidays and the great outdoors as well as meaningful activities at home, so we would like someone who thrives on supporting us in a range of activities and willing to look at new opportunities.
As a support worker you will be supporting individuals in different aspects of their lives to become more independent, learn new skills and develop current skills. Sharing the joy of success together as they achieve goals that first thought was impossible. Accessing the community to do a wide range of activities to share their passions.The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, with regular sleep in shifts also available.You have the opportunity to express your own creativity through the different activities that you will support our individuals to do or the suggestions you might make to better one of the individuals lives
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
Does this sound right for you?
Support Worker, Glastonbury, Benefits:
- Beautiful rural work environment
- Flexible to your needs - part time/full time or releif/bank
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Support Worker, Glastonbury, Duties:
- To support individuals / groups within the service
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Support Worker, Glastonbury, Desired Experience:
A full manual UK license would be beneficial but is not essential
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.