Sense are able to offer a support worker in Barnet £22,103 FTE (Includes inner London allowance)
Full or Part time shift patterns - 7.30am to 14.30pm - 14.00pm to 21.30 pm, and alternate weekends.
We are a small group of 4 flats in a cul de sac, We have 16 people and 1 void. I flat in single, the others are home to 4 - 6 people. The individuals we support are from 28 to 61 years old, most are fully mobile and are blind deaf with complex needs, with some behaviour that challenges. As a support worker you will be supporting our individuals in different aspects of their lives to become more independent, learn new skills and develop current skills. Sharing the joy of success together as they achieve goals that first thought was impossible. Our individuals love accessing the community to do a wide range of activities like shopping, cinema and gym which gives you the opportunity to share you own passions out in the community by suggesting new exciting activities that they might not of tried yet.
The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing. Providing support in the home and out in the community where possible. We have regular trips into the local community such as, Trampolining, Swimming, coffee and walks, Indoor rock climbing, Indoor snowboarding, Shopping. We have visiting music therapists and masseurs, even allowing us access to water therapies, so no day will be the same!
Quotes; staff find that working at our supported living service is rewarding, in seeing the impact of the support they provide producing a positive outcome for the individuals we support. It also gives them the opportunity and environment to be creative in helping to meet peoples need, and allows them to grow, as well as learning from other people. Staff states that working with us gives them enthusiasm towards learning and meeting outcomes. Aswell as seeing the vision of the company being achieved, and feeling they have played an active part of that achievement.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as full specialised training will be provided!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you..
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- £22,103 FTE / £11.33 per hour (inclusive of allowances)
- Away Holidays to support our residence
- Alternate weekends
- Dedicated management team of 3 with an open-door policy
- Activities such as Indoor rock climbing, Indoor snowboarding, Swimming etc.
- ??24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficulties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.