You will join our fantastic team here at Havant where you will be supported and able to grow and develop within your role. The team you will join supports a young adult who is Deafblind, the young adult lives in their own supported living home with support provided 24/7, you’ll support with access to community facilities amongst many others. This is a bespoke service that will be developing with support from family and a team of professionals, where total communication is used. This role really gives you an opportunity to develop new or use existing skills.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as full specialised training will be provided!
Does this sound right for you?
Support Worker, Havant, Hampshire Benefits:
- Full time & Part time positions available to suit you
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Support Worker, Havant, Hampshire Duties:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Support Worker, Havant, Hampshire Desired Exeperience:
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- This role is in Supported Living so it will support a candidate who can work with minimum supervision.
- It is desirable that you have experience in supporting another person either in a professional role or as an expert by experience, voluntary roles, supporting a family member or a friend.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.