This is a Permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. We are offering Support Workers £9.75 an hour/ £19,013 per annum.
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting the individuals in all aspects of daily living activities according to their care support plans.
Some of the activities you will be supporting with are assisting the individuals when going out of the home for shopping, attending hospital appointments and holidays in the UK and abroad.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
The duties are varied and no two nights will be the same. The people we support at our service are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full UK driving license and the willingness to drive is desirable.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable but not essential ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- Experience of working with individuals with challenging behaviour in a professional/ personal environment is desirable.
- You must have basic Numeracy and Literacy skills and be IT literate.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.