This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. The shift timings at this service are as follows: early shift is from 7am-2.30pm and the late shift is from 2pm-9.30pm.
You will join our fantastic team here in Kings Heath at our 4-bedroom, detached home in a residential area.
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting individuals who are deaf, blind or have dual sensory impairments.
The individuals we support have active lifestyles and you will be supporting them with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Some of the activities that you may support the individuals with include; adapted cycling, ice-skating, swimming and massage sessions. You will be required to have a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive our company vehicle.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge or experience of working with individuals with multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is desirable but not essential.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.