This is a permanent contract, working at our services in the Birmingham area. You will begin at our service in Kings Norton covering a period of leave. Once this cover ends (expected 3-12 months, subject to change) you will be redeployed to another service to cover leave there. During your employment, if the option of permanent deployment to a single service arises, you are welcome to explore this option.
This is a full time role and you will be working 37.5 hours per week.
We are passionate about supporting individuals who are deafblind, have visual and/or hearing impairments, complex needs and learning disabilities.
As a Support Worker, you will join our fantastic team where you will be supporting individuals on a 1:1 basis to help them take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing as well as supporting with personal care needs.
Some of the activities that you may support the individuals with include: shopping, going on walks, ice skating, swimming, rock climbing and family visits.
The shift times at this service are as follows: 7:30am-3pm and 2:30pm-10pm.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full manual UK license and the willingness to drive is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.