We have a permanent role available, working 37.5 hours per week. Your shifts will be flexible over a 7 day rota and there will be some early and late starts as well as sleep ins.
You will be supporting an individual in their own home who attends a day service in the day from Monday to Friday.
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting the individual when they get home through the week and then all day at weekends. The staffing ratio is 2:1 so you will be working with a colleague.
The individuals enjoys taking part in a variety of activities so you will need to be able to support him to take part in activities such as swimming, ice skating & visits out.
You will need to be a driver due to the location of the service and taking the individual out on activities.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable. ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour is preferred.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.