This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week.
You will join a fantastic team here at our residential service in Handsworth Wood. We support 5 individuals who have a range of learning difficulties and sensory impairments.
The individuals enjoy participating in a wide range of activities and are always out and about, they also enjoy being involved in the running of their home and have good family contact.
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting the individuals with continence, health care and medication, mobility, eating and drinking and communication.
You will also be supporting the individuals to engage in a range of sensory activities and support them to enjoy new experiences. You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- Previous care experience in a residential setting is desirable.
- Manual handling experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.