Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a support worker to join our service in Ottery St Mary.
Hayes House is a residential service in Ottery St Mary, Devon. Supporting 5 individuals with a Learning Disability, where they live fulfilled and independent lives with the support they require.
This is a new service to Sense, we are excited for the changes that are planned and looking for committed team members to join us for what will be an exciting and rewarding journey, that you will be very much part of that positive change and development.
We are flexible with peoples requirements so are able to offer contracts from 7.5 up to 37.5 hours per week.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Personal care.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Caring/Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.