Each year, over four million people buy an item from us, so our shops play a pivotal role in raising funds to make a difference to the lives of those who find it difficult to communicate and connect with the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated shop manager to lead and develop the team of volunteers and an Assistant Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Generating income by maximising sales,
- Encouraging your local community to donate saleable items,
- Stock processing delivering required volume daily
- Customer service to the highest level
- Commercial focus with a focus on opportunities
- Recruiting and onboarding of volunteers.
- Gift Aid processing
Key skills and experience:
- Experience in a retail environment or team leader position.
- You will be an excellent communicator and a creative problem solver.
- Ability to motivate a team of staff and volunteers to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to ensure a safe and inviting environment for those visiting and working in store.
This position requires the applicant to be willing to work Bank Holidays and weekends as required.
Please use the apply link below to be transferred to our site to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of the Sense advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve. We encourage applications of those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds as well as women, trans and non-binary people, and those with different accessibility needs.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org