About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for you to join a truly collaborative design team.
You'll assist in the management of programmes and projects across the North of England that lead to the development of new, innovative designs for neighbourhoods and streets, including public realm and walking and cycling routes.
You and the team will:
- engage with a diverse range of communities
- produce designs and feasibility studies
- create maps and drawings
- undertake site visits.
- You will be working on our emerging portfolio of groundbreaking community-led projects, contributing to the creation of healthier, happier cities and towns.
We are looking for someone with a relevant qualification or significant work experience in urban design, landscape architecture or a related field.
You will have experience of:
- working on issues surrounding walking and cycling infrastructure or general transportation issues.
- working on design projects with a significant level of community engagement.
- workshop facilitation.
- If you are passionate about health, sustainability or the environment and want to work somewhere you can make a big impact, then apply today!
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented. Currently, this includes disabled people, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.