Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Estates team as a Senior Building Surveyor. This full time position will work flexibly between home and up to 2 days per week at our offices in Crayford.
As our Senior Building Surveyor you will lead on Sense's national Surveying function, providing expertise, advice, and guidance to the organisation on property related matters. Sense has a varied national portfolio of property, including care homes, shops, colleges and office buildings. Responsibilities will include:
- Project managing maintenance and construction schemes.
- Managing and monitoring the maintenance budget.
- Developing new systems and processes for managing, monitoring and reporting on the work of the surveying function.
- Lead on any complex and high value acquisitions.
- Managing a team of Regional Surveyors
This is an exciting time to join Sense as we expand our Retail locations into Wales.
Key skills and experience
- RICS Chartered Surveyor
- A degree level qualification in Building Surveying, Construction, or equivalent experience.
- Substantial work experience within a mixed portfolio Building Surveying environment.
- Experience of distance team management on a national level.
- A full UK driving licence is an essential requirement for this role, and some evening or weekend work, and overnight stays may be required.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment.