Our community of 29 million users has saved more than 54 million meals from going to waste across 15 countries, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Sales Specialist to join our remote team, working on the ground to help us grow our presence in London.
Above all, in this role you'll be a hunter. You're hungry to build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries and local food retailers. You’re the first contact person of the store and will be doing a lot of cold acquisition, primarily on the phone, email and visits. You will introduce potential partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste. You will work with the team to research the market to find interesting prospects, identify decision-makers and generate interest in Too Good To Go.
What we need:
- Confident relationship builders who can quickly connect and empathise with potential partners (restaurants, cafes and more)
- Excellent listeners who can understand a client's needs and can present our proposition with clarity and passion
- Proactive business development calling new prospects with the tenacity to succeed even when things get a little tough
- Team players, who embrace the overall purpose of Too Good To Go and are ready to embody our values to be passionate, growth-minded, resourceful and creative
- Independent executors, who can prioritise workload while communicating clearly and openly with their manager
- Consistent and impact-focused performance that hits individual and company targets
What you should have:
- At least 6 months’ experience in a sales role or a role with sales-related skills, preferably in the food retail industry
- A genuine passion for the mission
- Excellent cold-calling skills
- High energy and self-motivation
- First class communication skills - from listening to presenting ideas and persuading
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Driven not only by individual performance but also by the desire to see your team succeed
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 600 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary with opportunity for performance-related bonuses
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.