Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 49 million users in 17 countries saving more than 106 million meals from going to waste - that’s more than 265,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Sales Operations Manager to join us in our London office.
As a Sales Operations Manager, you’ll provide valuable support and insights to the sales team, driving performance and efficiency. Your core focus will be on meeting the business needs of the sales team, taking ownership of operational tasks, including data scraping and cleansing, and inbound lead assignment, while also helping the team solve problems and seize opportunities. You will use robust data analysis to recommend and deliver actionable insights and ensure all sales operation processes are providing value to the business.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, you will work with Sales Managers and Regional Leads to report high quality data and implement improvement practices that will lead to a boost in performance. You will also work closely with the B2B Marketing team to ensure lead generation activities and inbound lead processes are aligned effectively.
You will deliver and develop reporting for the sales function and take ownership of the data scraping process for our outbound lead generation to ensure high quality prospect data and qualified leads. You’ll also act as the guardian of our data, ensuring it remains clean, and help us go faster in our fight against food waste.
An integral part of a 30+ strong sales team, you will partner closely with the Head of Sales to ensure we achieve our targets for savings meals and maximise the performance of the team.
You will be a resident “Salesforce Guru” for the UK: helping the team with questions and issues, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring processes are followed.
- Manage all sales processes, including data scraping, inbound lead assignment, and reporting
- Partner with management by providing data and information to help the team achieve their targets.
- Identify poor operational performance in the sales team and coach individual members to achieve excellence
- Data scraping: import leads from Google and other relevant websites, clean and reformat in order to upload onto Salesforce, de-duplicate leads, and distribute to Sales Specialists
- Manage inbound leads: qualifying them and distributing them to the appropriate Sales Specialist, and following up to ensure they’re acted upon within agreed timescales
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparts in other Too Good To Go country teams and Global Sales Operations to learn and share best practice
- Reporting: create relevant reports, making use of all of our data tools, and sharing with the Sales team to inform their sales activities and tactics
- Be the point of contact for any Salesforce queries and train new team members
- Research and analyse segments and geographic regions to find insights and opportunities for the Sales team, and provide advice on territory planning
In 2022 you will have the opportunity to work with the People & Culture team to recruit a Sales Operations Specialist to support you and take on the more day-to-day responsibilities of UK Sales Operations, allowing you to dedicate yourself more to strategic and high value projects.
- Experience in a role working with significant amounts of data and delivering actionable insights
- A passionate waste warrior who loves our mission and is enthusiastic about making a positive difference
- Stakeholder management skills, the ability to influence others and the ability to translate complicated data sets into actionable insights.
- Advanced Excel Skills (or G-Suite equivalent)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to find actionable insights in data that drive performance and efficiency in a Sales team
- A naturally curious, solution-oriented individual
- Proactive, go-getter who takes the initiative
- Beneficial: Excellent knowledge of Salesforce and Looker
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,000 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.