Working for Ethical Screening you will be part of a growing team who conduct in-depth research into publicly listed companies on ethical, ESG and sustainability themes, contributing to our widely regarded products and enabling responsible investment.
As a researcher, your responsibilities will include:
- Daily research - contribute to the research process, both new companies and refreshing existing information
- Assisting with client-specific research, on-demand client research requests, and new client research lists
- Attending relevant webinars and other events to stay up to date with current thinking on responsible investment
As our research becomes increasingly more technical, there will also be opportunities to develop our products and processes. The ideal candidate will have the skills within computer programming and database creation. These include Microsoft Access, SQL, and website programming.
All candidates must have a strong interest and motivation towards ethical practices, sustainability and responsible investment.
This is a full-time contract based in Cheltenham, UK, however we will also consider proposals for part-time hours, remote working and flexible working (please state if these are of interest on your covering letter).
Our ideal candidate is likely to be one of the following, but we are open to being surprised with your ideas and enthusiasm!
- Able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience in the areas outlined above, via previous roles or other relevant qualifications/courses (including those changing career, or returning to work)
- Working, or have previously worked, in research, analytical or database related role
- A recent graduate with a degree relevant to the role, in whole or part (via modules chosen or dissertation)
- Thorough and methodical, with excellent attention to detail; an enquiring mind-set
- Able to work efficiently through a varied work-load, with minimal supervision
- The ability to work as part of a team, sharing information and ideas
- The ability to remain impartial and separate personal views from those held by clients
- Good business English for both written and oral communication
- Learn quickly and be willing to contribute to other areas of our work, such as product development