This is a Relief / Bank role, so gives you full flexibility in the hours you would like to work. We are looking for candidates with a variety of flexibility including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and waking nights. Just let us know your availability and we will do our very best to accomodate.
Sense offers 24 hours support to individuals, 365 days a year. There will be a variety of shifts on offer including mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays. As a Relief Support Worker you will be able to choose your own shifts.
In London, we have a variety of different services including residential, supported living and day services.
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same for you. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- Free DBS Check
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full manual UK license and the willingness to drive is desirable.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable. ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.