We are a supported living service in Brent, short walking distance from public transport network. We support up to 12 adults who have a range of complex needs, including sensory lose and learning disabilities. We are currently looking for a reliable motivated Registered Care Manager (RCM) to join our professional team.
As the Registered care manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high-quality service that meets the CQC standards and Reach standards. Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environments that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support.
You will be responsible in the running of the service including but not limited to rotas, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantees compliance. You will have a proven track record of motivating and managing others including carrying out supervision meetings. You will have good time management skills and the ability to work to set deadlines. You will have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure. You will have experience of working with adults with disabilities, monitoring the personalised care provided, reviewing, identifying and resolving issues arising from the 'day to day' operation.
You will demonstrate willingness to participate in training and development which may be at any of our national locations. You will need to communicate in a variety of different methods and be prepared to deal with challenging situations. You will also be expected to work on your own initiative and show patience and understanding.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. You will also receive great training and development, a supportive work environment, generous leave arrangements and employee benefits as well as access to a pension scheme.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You must be willing to work towards a Level Five Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), or be working towards an accredited award.
- You will need to have had proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation, as well as experience of managing misconduct, grievance and performance issues..
- Experience of both supported living and residential CQC registration
- Experience or knowledge of working within the Reach standards
- Ability to use IT software packages
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.