Sense provides a wide range of care services to people with a variety of complex needs. Our Quality team works to ensure that a consistently high quality of service is offered to the people we support, ensuring that Sense’s statutory obligations are met, risk is effectively managed and that people have the support they need to live the life they chose. .
As our Quality, Compliance and Information Officer you will facilitate and monitor compliance to meet relevant regulatory requirements, National standards, and Sense quality frameworks. This will include:
- Establishing, maintaining and reviewing systems to monitor compliance in key areas.
- Carrying out quality assurance both remotely and in person through audits, service reviews and mock inspections.
- Analysing data, making evidence-based recommendations and producing and presenting reports.
- Attending external events to / and keep up to date with changes across the sector.
- Key skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and expertise related to the delivery of social care services.
- A successful track record of work in a similar role within the health, social care or educational services.
- Experience of reporting on organisational performance to Senior Management both through reporting and in person.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literacy, including use of the full Microsoft Office products.
- This post will involve some national travel and overnight stays.
Please use the apply link below to be transferred to our site to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of the Sense advert) before applying.
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve. We encourage applications of those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds as well as women, trans and non-binary people, and those with different accessibility needs.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org