The Prince’s Trust Scotland is currently going through an exciting period of development. We have ambitions to grow our offer to young people by providing a blended approach of face-to-face and digital delivery and support. To help us on this journey we are looking for passionate and motivated individuals to join our dynamic teams to work with young people either directly through 1-to-1 work, delivery of programmes or indirectly through our partners and volunteers.
Our Prince’s Trust Executive roles have a broad focus and we encourage cross working across teams and focus areas. Currently, we are looking for Prince’s Trust Executive’s that will focus on one of the below areas;
- 1-to-1 work with young people – managing a caseload, removing barriers, action planning & goal setting
- Delivery of programmes with groups of young people – including Employability, Enterprise & Personal Social Development programmes
- Partnership and volunteer delivery – Working with our Education & FE partners to support the delivery of our programmes as well as supporting the volunteers that assist in programme delivery.
- Administration of our Grants & Awards programmes – helping remove barriers to employment for young people or start them on the path to their own business
To be successful in the role of a Prince’s Trust Executive, you will be able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience and be adaptive and flexible – embracing change and innovation. Due to the pandemic and ways of working you must be comfortable both working virtually and communicating on virtual platforms.
We work with young people from every background, so we’re passionate about building a diverse workforce that represents the young people we support. We, therefore, welcome applications from everyone who meets the essential criteria for the role. If you think you could do the role, but don’t have all the desirable experience, we would still love for you to apply, as you’ll have the chance to complete a supporting statement to let us know what you would bring to the table, that will help young people in the East of Scotland.
Please click here for the job description (This will open in a new window)
Why we need Prince's Trust Executive - East of Scotland :
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality Network), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network).
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to The Princes Trust recruitment page where you can apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.