Passionate about giving young people the best chance to succeed through education and training, you will work with our partner organisations to support the delivery of our Team and Achieve programmes as well as supporting our employability programmes.
The role is home-based with an expectation for regular travel within the Sussex area to visit our partner organisations, offering support and guidance to delivery partners and young people alike.
As our Sussex-based Prince’s Trust Executive you will be:
- Skilled at building professional relationships, ensuring a quality provision is upheld and advocating for the Prince’s Trust’s strategy across Sussex.
- Knowledgeable about the education system and the challenges that young people may face in schools, colleges and moving into employment. You will have a proactive and solution-focused approach to helping young people overcome their barriers.
- Confident in networking, giving and receiving professional feedback and adapting your approach to challenges to ensure that our targets are met and our young people are given the best chance to succeed.
Alongside this you will also be confident with completing administrative tasks, completing contract paperwork and offering advice and guidance across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
This role is perfect for you if you are passionate about equipping youth workers and teachers to develop young people and giving them the tools to transform their lives.
For more information, please go to the job description. (This will open in a new window)
Why we need Executives:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality Network), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network).
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to The Princes Trust recruitment page where you can apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.