Our Policy and Public Affairs Advisor will be responsible for influencing policy in the interest of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This will include:
- Engaging with politicians, government departments, external partner organisations and campaign coalitions.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining effective relationships with key Parliamentarians.
- Seeking to influence relevant organisations and opinion-formers.
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of influencing, engagement and campaign activities.
Key skills and experience
- Demonstrable track record of successfully influencing the policy or practice of national organisations.
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- An in-depth understanding of the way that decisions are made within policy and parliamentary processes.
- Significant evidence of working in partnership to effect change.
- Desirable: experience in the field of SEND and children's social care policy.
It's really important that you can demonstrate a commitment to people with complex disabilities and Sense’s vision and values; including a willingness to learn how to communicate with people with complex disabilities and identify the barriers to their participation in all aspects of the Sense’s work.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve. We encourage applications of those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds as well as women, trans and non-binary people, and those with different accessibility needs. All offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org