Home-based in London with regular travel to the Bristol office
About the opportunity
Could you help us increase our impact with decision makers and influencers? We are looking for a talented and persuasive individual to advocate our case for more sustainable farming and better diets. The Soil Association with its great networks of innovative farmers and concerned citizens is an exciting organisation to work for, and the case for change has never been stronger, so come and join us!
You must be a clear and persuasive communicator with experience of influencing decisions, preferably having worked with parliamentarians. You’ll have a record of close team working, but also show that you can develop and manage your own work programme.
Interviews are expected to take place: Online, 9th and 11th March 2021
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of stakeholder relationship management and contact management of senior stakeholders
- Experience of producing evidence-based policy briefings.
- Experience of developing and delivering advocacy strategies to achieve defined policy goals
- Experience of media interviews and writing blogs and articles for public and policy audiences
- Understanding of relevant farming, food and environmental issues such as the climate and biodiversity impact of farming and land use, organic and agroecological farming systems, agroforestry, soil health and healthy and sustainable diets
Please visit our website to submit your application form. Please note we look at applications on arrival and reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not receive a confirmation email upon submitting your application. Correspondence regarding your application will be sent through Hireful, our applicant tracking system, so please mark this as a safe sender. All candidates will subsequently receive an email from Hireful to confirm whether they have made it through to interview stage.
For any queries, including to be sent the full job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept CVs or Cover Letters.
Soil Association is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of their background. We value diversity whilst also acknowledging that people from certain backgrounds are underrepresented in our organisation. If you’re not sure about applying, please get in touch with us for a chat.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our work at the Soil Association