Home based in the Midlands. The post-holder will need to be within easy reach of either Nottingham or Birmingham
After a highly successful 20/21, the NSPCC’s Philanthropy team is keen to maintain the positive momentum it has established and is looking for a Midlands based Philanthropy Manager to help raise the funds needed to continue the NSPCC’s fight for every childhood.
The Philanthropy team is part of the NSPCC’s Major Donors department. We focus upon high level, individual donors and are responsible for securing major gifts ranging from four to seven figures. Our success is founded upon building high quality and enduring relationships between the NSPCC and those with the capacity to make transformational gifts.
The Philanthropy Manager post works at the heart of a strong and friendly regional team, collaborating closely with colleagues across different fundraising functions and at all levels of the organisation. We have a strong service presence in the region and you’ll also soon be a familiar face amongst our service delivery teams, ensuring you’re fully immersed in the issues and able to inspire both new and prospective donors to give.
An ideal position for an energetic deal-maker, you will be responsible for existing high value relationships in the region but your main focus will be on new business, generating new prospects, building lasting relationships and making asks for substantial financial gifts.
- have great people skills and the credibility to operate within our audience stream.
- have the “get up and go” to work in a new business environment.
- be an excellent manager of professional relationships, proactive, self-motivated and organised.
- be comfortable with targets and able to deal with competing priorities.
- enjoy working collaboratively with other colleagues, teams and departments.
- have first class written skills, able to tell our story in a compelling way.
- have the ability and willingness to travel independently throughout the region.
- and of course, share our passion for keeping children safe.
Above all, you will relish getting out, identifying new prospects and asking them to support the NSPCC.
If you’ve worked with high value donors or clients, have generated new business or can demonstrate great account management, we’d welcome your application.
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to the NSPCC recruitment page where you can download more information on the job and apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.