A collaborative team player, you will share your expertise and provide professional support to all Managers in the management of their people and help to develop robust frameworks to operate within including volunteers, academy, and supported staff.
Key duties include to:
- Support the Management Team to ensure all people functions are in place and practiced to high standards.
- Be responsible for the employee and volunteer life cycle, including recruitment, induction, performance review, talent development and exit to improve retention.
- Develop people systems, processes and practices which support the overall strategic objectives including recruitment, engagement, reward and development
- Support managers with the performance management and reward system (Employee Value Proposition).
- Work with the Director of People, advising on employment legislation, ensuring that information is up to date and that the implications of new legislation are recognised and acted on within the organisation.
- To support managers in ensuring that the organisation is up to date with all legal and compliance frameworks relating development and training for staff and volunteers.
- To further develop an organisational volunteering infrastructure that supports and develops existing and new volunteering initiatives in line with legislation
- Support the leadership development plan together with the Director of People, ensuring that all leaders have the right skills and knowledge to lead their teams.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced HR generalist with:
- Solid and up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation and its application.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of issues around equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in supporting and advising line managers.
- A track record of managing a complex caseload.
- Excellent understanding of coaching and mentoring approaches to people management.
- Strongly connected to and interested in the world of HR.
- CIPD Level 5 (minimum).
As well as the above experience we are looking for an individual who has a strong belief in the work that Social Bite embarks on and demonstrates the following skills and personal qualities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to act with discretion, and diplomacy.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy as well as collaboratively.
- Personal commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in organisations and within society.
- Excellent written communication skills: able to craft policies, strategy documents, contracts etc.
- Pragmatic, problem-solving approach and sound decision making.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Warm, approachable style; sociable and engaged.
- Open-minded and non-judgmental.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid general IT skills, particularly the main MS Office products.
Social Bite is an inclusive employer and committed to creating a high-performing, inclusive environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can flourish. Please click the apply link and complete the short online application and upload your CV.