Our Corporate Plan shows details of the four Outcome Programmes we’re are delivering on behalf of our key stakeholder.
The Outcome Programme Manager for our Responsible Consumption programme is a significant and integral role within our Programme and Projects Directorate. Reporting to the Portfolio Director you will be part of our transformation we move to a delivery model more focused on the execution of clearly defined programmes and projects to deliver our corporate objectives, and the supporting outcomes. Our programmes and projects directorate is responsible for the leadership and delivery of those programmes and projects, creating and sustaining an overall governance and delivery method that matches our organisational culture and achieves our desired outcomes.
In this role you will be accountable to the Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) of the Outcome Programme. You will be responsible for leading and managing the setting up of a programme of interdependent projects and the associated change activities for establishing appropriate governance and assurance activities, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues and for ensuring the overall outcomes and outputs are delivered. This is an excellent opportunity to move into a role that will put you at the heart of everything that Zero Waste Scotland works on.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the SRO and other Programme Managers, contributing to the development of the programme delivery strategy including cost and resource budgets.
- Ensuring the effective planning, development and implementation of a portfolio of projects, workstreams and change activities that fit with the overall strategy for the programme
- Being accountable for creating and monitoring a master integrated programme plan identifying the critical path and escalating deviations from baseline to programme senior management.
- Representing Zero Waste Scotland at a senior and strategic level in partnership with the existing management team, building and developing strong relationships with stakeholders to identify interventions and assistance mechanisms to improve the delivery of the programme
- Reviewing existing summary business cases and PIDs with project/workstream leads, highlighting areas for improvements and updates required.
- The ideal candidate
You should be a strategic thinker with an awareness of how complex partnership projects and programmes are delivered, and how they are set up to deliver benefits. Solution focused you will have a track record of delivering results, with the ability to build relationships and win others round with your skills of negotiation, influence and diplomacy. You will have good attention to detail, whilst managing the bigger picture – be able to delve into the details of projects and understand how they contribute to the wider benefits the outcomes are trying to achieve. Your communications and reporting skills will be excellent, and you will be comfortable engaging with all levels within the organisation.
You should have specific qualifications or skills in programme management including:
- Education to degree level or equivalent or hold a professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in applying APM or MSP principles together with knowledge of programme and project management methods including APM, MSP and Prince 2
- Experience of developing business cases and working in partnership with key stakeholders.
- You will have a willingness to learn, embrace new challenges with your own personal values being in sync with those of Zero Waste Scotland. We are united in our shared values and commitment to making a difference. You will be given the autonomy and tools to pioneer and innovate as you make a personal impact and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making an important personal contribution to delivering critical and interesting work that matters.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £49,515 (pay range is £49,515 - £55,016, Grade D) and normally the successful candidate will be appointed to the starting point.
We offer excellent benefits; including a contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, employee welfare assistance, generous holidays, enhanced family leave entitlements, continuing professional development (CPD) and volunteering opportunities.
Zero Waste Scotland exists to create a society where resources are valued and nothing is wasted. Our work is becoming ever more critical against a global backdrop of rising population, climate change and unprecedented pressure on the world’s land, water, energy and raw materials.
We’re working to create a more circular economy where products and materials are kept in high value use for as long as possible. A large part of our work is helping individuals and businesses to become more resource efficient. This all contributes to the Scottish Government’s circular economy strategy and the EU’s Europe 2020 growth strategy.
We are funded by Scottish Government and the European Regional Development Fund.
This role can be home based, or based in our Stirling office, located next to Stirling railway station and conveniently accessed from across central Scotland.
The closing date for applications is 12 Noon on Tuesday 2nd March 2021.
To apply, please click apply and you will be redirected to our website. Download and complete the candidate requirements form and send this with a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com . Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker to help us monitor our recruitment advertising.