We are looking for an experienced Plumber to join our team and to help us achieve our social mission.
On the Job you will:
- Work within Fairhive's responsive repairs team to identify, diagnose and complete plumbing defects in our tenanted properties in the most cost effective and expedient way. To execute and complete all work in a professional manner and to a high standard
- Work on legionella remedial works
We’re looking for someone who understands how important it is to have a safe place we can call home and who is motivated to support the local community.
For this role you will :
- Hold City & Guilds Part III /NVQ level 3 in Mechanical /plumbing Installation or other equivalent qualification.
- Hold a valid Driving Licence.
- Be able to use both documentation and IT systems for reporting and maintaining records.
- Have an excellent awareness of current Health and Safety regulations backed up by evidence of relevant training, and the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Have strong post qualification experience in Repair & Maintenance works both in occupied and unoccupied properties.
- Good level of physical fitness, including the ability to lift, work at heights and in differing conditions.
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
- good communication,
- you enjoy a challenging role,
- like meeting new people and
- are motivated to make a difference in the local community.
If you’re open minded, compassionate and want to learn more about a career in our Trades team, we’d love to hear from you!
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
Our Vision and Values express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. As part of our continued commitment to our workforce accurately reflecting the community we represent, we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability, as part of our ongoing commitment to Equality and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date:31st August 2022 - Midday
Interview date: TBC
All applications for this role will be reviewed on a continuous basis. As such, should a suitable candidate apply before the closing date, interviews and offers may take place before this date.