Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust is a ‘not-for-profit’ Registered Provider of affordable housing for nearly 20,000 people living and working in Aylesbury and across Buckinghamshire and beyond.
- we own and are responsible for over 8,500 homes,
- Our annual turnover of over £45 million,
- We have more than 270 employees,
We aim to make a significant social and economic contribution within the communities where we work.
We are a dynamic organisation seeking to provide over 1000 new homes by 2025 while also increasing flexibility with the way we work and reducing our environmental impact and improving our sustainability.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Plumber to join our Responsive Repair.
On the Job you will:
- Work within the Trusts responsive repairs team to identify, diagnose and complete plumbing defects in our tenanted properties in the most cost effective and expedient way. To execute and complete all work in a professional manner and to a high standard
- Work on legionella remedial works
If you’re open minded, confident, compassionate and want to learn more about our Company then we’d love to hear from you!
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
Line manager to amend the below as relevant for the job
- good communication,
- you enjoy a challenging role,
- like meeting new people and
- are motivated to make a difference in the local community.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Hold City & Guilds Part III /NVQ level 3 in Mechanical /plumbing Installation or other equivalent qualification.
- Hold a valid Driving Licence.
- Be able to use both documentation and IT systems for reporting and maintaining records.
- Have an excellent awareness of current Health and Safety regulations backed up by evidence of relevant training, and the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Have strong post qualification experience in Repair & Maintenance works both in occupied and unoccupied properties.
- Good level of physical fitness, including the ability to lift, work at heights and in differing conditions.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
We’re inclusive with a strong set of values which express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. We celebrate innovation and different points of view and want a team that is reflective of the communities we serve. Thus we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability. Enthusiasm, willingness to contribute and a real commitment to connect and bring us closer to our customers and communities is essential. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date: 14th January 2022 - midday
Interview date: TBC