You will manage some of our core events such as the Great North Run and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.
You will be developing marketing plans to recruit participants on to your events, as well as delivering excellent stewardship to all of our supporters. There will also be elements of on the day logistics including cheer points, recruiting volunteers and post-race receptions.
In addition, you will be the first point of contact into the National Events Team, dealing with general enquiries via phone, email or in person.
We welcome applications from candidates who have recently held an internship, those who are looking for their first role in a charity environment and those who have the right transferable skills to make a difference in a driven, ambitious and fun team.
You will be expected to work flexibly between home and our Sense Head Office in London (expected office days are 2 per week). This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week with flexibility around sart and finish times.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone ambitious who is able to communicate confidently and who has excellent administration skills with strong attention to detail.
You need to have the ability to balance a diverse workload, and an appetite to learn and develop within the world of events. There will also be lots of opportunities to work with and learn from other teams across the organisation including digital, high value partnerships and our shops and services.
- Experience of successful events fundraising
- Experience of managing a variety of fundraising events with large volumes of participants
- Demonstrable experience of budgeting and financial reporting
- Strong marketing knowledge with experience of writing marketing and publicity material for a range of events and audiences
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills with the maturity and ability to communicate with a wide range of supporters, colleagues, supplier etc.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with an ability to prioritise, plan and manage a complex and varied workload
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.