As our lending to members grows, and people’s circumstances continue to change, we are seeing an increasing need for our support to members where they are at risk of, or already, falling into financial difficulties. Your skills and experience will help us deliver excellent levels of Member Services to our members who may phone, email or secure message us. Understanding the products and services GWCU offer and being an expert in the process designed to deliver those services.
You’ll need to develop an expertise in GWCU’s Dynamics CRM system, and to be able to follow procedures, as well as being comfortable in a member facing role with a patient approach to member engagement particularly if members are struggling financially or simply having difficulties with the Member Portal. You won’t be expected to do all of this straight away of course – you’ll be learning from the experts within the team, and from colleagues across the credit union, as you develop in your role.
The most important requirement right now is being able to show genuine empathy with members to enable you to build strong relationships with them. This could come from lived experience of the same situations members might find themselves in, or from your generally empathetic nature – or both of course. A real desire to help and support, to the extent that GWCU are able, is essential for this role. You will also need:
- Great communication skills both verbal and written. You will need to be comfortable on the phone speaking to people, and able to adapt your style to suit our members needs
- To be accurate and have great attention to detail and with good core IT skills to navigate and update our systems.
- Well developed empathy skills, and be able to understand the circumstances facing members who are struggling to financially
- Previous experience in financial services is welcome but not essential as full training will be provided
Location: This role will be based at our Bristol office for an initial period whilst you’re learning your role and developing and demonstrating your skills. Over time, once you are more experienced, then remote working may be an option. Once you are sufficiently experienced then we offer a hybrid working model, with an agreed minimum number of days per week in the office depending on roles. In the Member Services team that’s currently 5 days each week, but we are flexible. We have great, supportive family-friendly policies and we’re very open to flexible working, again particularly once you’re fully up-to-speed in your role.
As well as a competitive salary we have a great benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday pro-rata plus bank holidays, so 33 in total most years – plus a birthday holiday
- Private medical insurance and cash plan.
- Income protection insurance that pays 75% of your salary for up to 2 years if you are unable to work through illness.
- Death-in-service benefits which pays 3x salary.
- Extra time off to travel in a climate-responsible way where you are holidaying further away.
Our full time working week is 37.5 hours, and our core hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, but at times we are flexible to meet our members requirements. Overtime would always be agreed in advance. We’re open to part time, job share, and other flexible working arrangements where they make sense for you and your other commitments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and work hard to be wholly inclusive, reflecting our stance on serving our members whoever they may be and whatever their background. If you need any adjustments made to the application process due to disability or neurodiversity then do please let us know so we can help.
So … how do you apply?
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for this role to email@example.com
(please mention Ethical Jobseeker as your application source)
Please note, due to the nature of the role Job offers will be subject to pre- employment checks including:
- Right to work in UK
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check,
- Adverse credit check
- FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) check