The Kickstart Scheme offers 6-month placements for individuals receiving Universal Credit, and who have been referred via a Jobcentre Work Coach.
(For full applicant criteria go to: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme)
About the role
Are you looking to start a career in community engagement? Are you passionate about sustainability? Are you ready to help us advocate for change? This could be the role for you!
We are offering you a unique opportunity to gain some fantastic experience. Join us and be creative, learn new skills and work on diverse projects!
As our community engagement assistant you will help support at events, arrange meetings, prepare presentations and update project resources.
You love to work collaboratively and learn on the job.
You have experience of participating in team events or activities.
You have excellent organisation skills and can prioritise and manage your own workload.
If this sounds like you, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of people who really enjoy working together and value the contribution and expertise each individual brings to the team.
Apply today and start your journey with Sustrans!
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes disabled people, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.