At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 22 million users in 15 countries saving more than 42 million meals from going to waste - that’s more than 100,000 tons of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Key Account Manager to join us in our London office.
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go UK by using your experience in the supermarket or convenience sector to acquire and grow partnerships with prominent retailers in the food and beverage industry, focusing specifically on supermarkets, convenience stores, petrol forecourts, suppliers and manufacturers.
Your primary responsibility is to win new key accounts by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. You will support these accounts through the onboarding and roll out process and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship. Reporting to the Key Account Lead responsible for the Grocery sector, you will collaborate with other Key Accounts team members, as well as colleagues across marketing, independent sales, and partner success.
The role will include:
- Pitching: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers
- Research: independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Account Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Contributing to the UK Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- Solid commercial experience working in the supermarket, convenience store or grocery sector. The candidate should have an in depth knowledge and understanding of UK retail in this sector.
- Sales experience, demonstrating an ability to establish, nurture and win leads by selling in a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders
- Ability to lead negotiations skillfully, and create and deliver high impact pitches
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Beneficial: Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.