As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 28 million users in 15 countries saving more than 51 million meals from going to waste - that’s more than 100,000 tons of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Key Account Lead to join us in our London office (working remotely for now!).
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go UK by using your leaderships skills and experience in the HoReCa sector to lead a team within our Key Accounts department whose goal is to acquire and grow partnerships with prominent retailers in the food and beverage industry, focusing specifically on restaurants, pubs, hotels, contract caterers and leisure retailers.
Your primary responsibility is to lead your team from the front and win new key accounts by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. Your team will support these accounts through the onboarding and roll out process and you will continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship.
Reporting to the Head of Key Accounts, you will manage Key Account Managers in the HoReCa sector team, and collaborate with other Key Accounts team members as well as colleagues across management, marketing, independent sales, and partner success.
The role will include:
- Pitching: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers
- Research: independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Team leadership: line management of Key Account Managers within the HoReCa team, taking responsibility for their goals and objectives, their feedback and development, and their overall performance
- Account Management: oversee the management of your team’s portfolio of key chains, ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met. You will be responsible for the “game-changer” brands - the most important accounts in your sector - and collaborate on them with the Country Manager and Head of Key Accounts
- Sector leadership: full management of the HoReCa sector’s pipeline and forecasts
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Contributing to the UK Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
What we need:
- Solid commercial experience working in prominent brands in the HoReCa sector. The candidate should have an in depth knowledge and understanding of UK retail in this sector.
- Business development experience, demonstrating an ability to establish, nurture and win leads by selling in a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders
- Ability to lead negotiations skilfully, and create and deliver high impact pitches
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Team leadership and people management experience, demonstrating an ability to motivate, drive performance, and coordinate individual and shared goals & objectives
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Beneficial: Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 600 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary with opportunity for performance-related bonuses
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.