A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with nearly 60 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We are growing quickly and looking for an exceptional Internal Communications Specialist who wants to get deeply involved in helping promote and maintain our Too Good To Go brand, internally. The role can be located in London or in Copenhagen.
We’re looking for someone who can champion our culture, strategise and craft great comms to elevate our brand, design and lead employee advocacy programmes. Working seamlessly between our Management, People & Culture and Brand teams.
- You maintain high levels of engagement, ensuring that our internal language and communications are in line with our brand and values.
- As a trusted adviser, you collaborate with senior stakeholders and cross-functional teams on major initiatives, and create clear processes around how we communicate with each other (e.g. Town Halls).
- You promote valuable employee engagement initiatives, regularly audit our internal brand and how people feel about it.
- You work on our online presence, collaborating with PR on Linkedin and other SoMe strategies for recruitment.
- You will be a stickler for evaluating the impact of your work and the delivery of our brand promise, which is to make our people proud of being Waste Warriors.
- 5+ years of internal communication experience (strategy and execution), ideally in new brands/ start up /scale up scenarios. A combination of HR and Communications experience is a big plus.
- A deep understanding of brand and how to use it internally.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- A strong influencer with great stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated ability working cross functionally.
- A people person who loves to inspire those around.
- Copenhagen or London based, willing to travel if needed.
- Working somewhere where you can have a social and environmental impact is one of your absolute dreams. Sustainability is a great passion of yours and something that shines through in your professional and personal experiences.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal and professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- A transparent and trustworthy company culture where you have the independence to unleash your creativity.
- An authentic, fun, and supportive team that celebrates success together.
How to apply
- We are passionate about recruitment and grateful for your interest! Please carefully read everything written above and check out our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. CV and/or Cover Letters will not be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- The application process consists of a one-way video-screening, a short video call with Talent Acquisition, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, a take-home task and conversations with the team.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.