Looking for a rewarding career where you will learn on the job as an apprentice to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst earning?
Salary: Starting at £14,350.00 per annum, progressing to £17,937.50 per annum with satisfactory performance (6 months), progressing to £21,525.00 per annum with satisfactory performance (12 months), progressing to £25,112.50 with satisfactory performance and successful completion of level 3 qualification (18 months).
Fairhive Homes is a non-profit affordable housing provider with ambition. We already provide affordable housing to more than 20,000 people in our community and are striving to do more. We are a dynamic organisation seeking to provide over 1000 new homes by 2025 while also increasing flexibility with the way we work and reducing our environmental impact and improving our sustainability.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in Neighbourhood Management , Income Management, Independent Living , welfare and general tenancy support with the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 Chartered Institute of Housing qualifications.
The apprenticeship will run for 2 years, and will combine on-the-job learning, peer support and online study
On the Job you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to show customer focus
- The ability to use your own initiative, organise and prioritise work.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- An understanding of equality and diversity.
- An awareness of social housing and its purpose
- Enthusiasm, resourcefulness with a calm, confident, positive and flexible attitude.
- The ability to effectively use various IT systems.
- The ability to commit to relevant apprenticeship training.
In your tutorials you will learn about:
- Legislation / regulations
- Organisational assets
- Customers / Communities
- Context of social housing
- Range of services provided within social housing
- Organisational policies
We’re looking for someone who understands how to connect with people and is great at finding solutions to problems, supporting people and getting things done !
If you’re open minded, confident, compassionate and want to learn more about a career in social housing then we’d love to hear from you!
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
- A professional manner
- Good communication
- Ability to take direction and use own initiative
- You enjoy a challenging role
- Like meeting new people
- Good timekeeping
- Prepared to learn new skills
- Motivated to make a difference in the local community.
The minimum required qualifications are 3 ‘A’ Levels at Grade A* to E (or equivalent) and 4 GCSEs at grade A* to D or equivalent including Mathematics and English
Are you self-motivated, passionate about helping people and keen to develop yourself? This may be the perfect position for you!
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
Please note that this role is only open to those that do not already have a Chartered Institute of Housing qualification in Housing Practice at level 3 or above.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We’re inclusive with a strong set of values which express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. We celebrate innovation and different points of view and want a team that is reflective of the communities we serve. Thus we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability. Enthusiasm, willingness to contribute and a real commitment to connect and bring us closer to our customers and communities is essential. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date: 1st September 2022 - midday
Interview date: W/C 12th September 2022
All applications for this role will be reviewed on a continuous basis. As such, should a suitable candidate apply before the closing date, interviews and offers may take place before this date.