This role will involve supporting Scotland, North and Central England and preferably based in Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds. You will be working flexibly dependant on travel needs and will be able to work from home.
All our work is geared towards supporting disadvantaged young people aged 11 – 30 and giving them the opportunity to create a better future through employment, education and enterprise. You will act as a trusted advisor on health & safety matters associated with the work we do to support young people. By helping build a strong safety culture and implementing a robust Safety Management System you will ensure The Prince's Trust complies with its legal obligations and achieves its strategic aims.
Through good risk management, you will enable programmes and events to operate safely and more effectively and allow colleagues to make a positive difference to the lives of young people. With our strong network of supporters, volunteers, employers and delivery partners, you will provide guidance and assurance that safe systems of work are in place.
You will work independently to maintain consistent H&S compliance in the regions of responsibility and play an active role in leading the continual improvement in H&S performance through stakeholder engagement, monthly reporting, management meetings, delivering training and communicating information in user-friendly language that is engaging.
With established experience in Health and Safety and professional qualifications, you will bring new ideas and innovative ways of working safely and supporting people’s wellbeing.
Please click here for the job description. (This will open in a new window)
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality Network), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network).
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to The Princes Trust recruitment page where you can apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.