Working within the wider External Affairs team, you will be instrumental in developing our audiences, driving ticket income,and managing campaign and brand development.
We have recently re-opened our transformed Leeds venue the Howard Assembly Room, where we programme a diverse range of music, film, theatre and spoken word, alongside our main stage touring opera. This incredibly varied output provides a unique opportunity for our new Head of Marketing to help us reach an audience that is diverse in all respects, engaging first time attendees and overseeing CRM campaigns to develop loyalty and generate revenue. Opera North’s core purpose is to create extraordinary experiences, every day, for everyone. The Head of Marketing is a crucial role in achieving that purpose.
Head of Marketing
You will lead the Marketing team to deliver audience development strategies, marketing campaigns and crucial box office income. With significant experience in developing audiences and delivering stand-out marketing campaigns, you will reach audiences for all of Opera North’s work including opera and musical theatre productions, concerts, the Howard Assembly Room, and Education and Community Partnerships with specific focus on retaining core audiences and developing new and diverse audiences.
To view job description click here
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a proven track record of working at a senior level in marketing
- Have experience of managing marketing communications campaigns across multiple channels to promote ticket sales, events or develop audiences
- Have experience of managing and developing a team of people including providing strategic direction, professional development and day-to-day support
- Have a digital mindset and use data to inform your decisions
- Are a positive, collaborative and passionate marketer
- Are able to adapt to changing circumstances and comfortable making key decisions quickly in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Are a talented copy writer with a keen eye for detail
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to build strong relationships
- Are a problem solver who displays resourcefulness, attention to detail and creativity
- Have experience managing relationships with key partners, stakeholders and suppliers
- Are committed to continuous professional development and continuous improvement
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We promote equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and make recruitment decisions by matching our needs with the skills and experience of the candidate. As we work to address underrepresentation in our workforce, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from minority ethnic backgrounds or those with other protected characteristics.The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK or be ready to obtain it.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.