About the role
As halow's Head of Fundraising and Communications you will be responsible for implementing and further developing the charity’s fundraising and communications strategy, establishing the infrastructure and culture across the organisation to continue to increase income and fundraise more effectively. You will also lead and manage our small fundraising team, strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and with current and prospective supporters, to achieve fundraising targets.
The right candidate will be a fundraising professional who has demonstratable experience in how to manage multiple income streams effectively using a Customer Relationship Management system, and will successfully deliver on our expansion plans so that halow can continue to grow, further enhancing the outcomes that we are highly regarded for. The role will also oversee development of our external communications within the team, therefore direct experience / fundraising-linked experience is desirable.
To be considered for interview, you must be:
- Passionate about the outcomes we achieve for young people, to set them up for the next steps in their lives.
- An experienced and creative manager with relevant experience in numerous parts of our fundraising, and with transferrable skills.
- Able to comprehensively manage our fundraising department, utilising our CRM to ensure operational excellence across all fundraising and communications activities.
- Ability and desire to grow new income streams and deepen relationships with existing supporters and internal stakeholders.
- A good and confident communicator who can proactively communicate with any stakeholder, from regular donor to service user, or third-party event leader to charity trustee. Our network is vital to us.
- A natural and efficient organiser, of both themselves and others.
- An effective manager of staff, with clear leadership skills.
- A self-starter with a can-do positive attitude.
Here at halow we are focused on supporting and investing in our employees. The traditional office-based, ‘9 to 5’ working day doesn’t suit for everyone so within this role there is some flexibility in terms of contracted hours and hours of work. If you’re the right person for this role, we will work with you to find the right working model.
What we offer:
- halow is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
- Flexible, negotiable hours.
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, workplace pension, employee discount scheme, and other great employee benefits.
- Fully paid training and ongoing career development.
- An employee assistance programme and a supportive and caring team to work with.
How to apply
Please visit our website for further information on halow and what we do, you can also watch our ‘life at halow’ video.
If this sounds like the place you could thrive in, then please click the link to our careers page where you can download the full job description and complete our online application form.
Closing date for applications is: 5.00pm, Thursday 7th October 2021
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 12th October 2021
Successful applications are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
halow is the operating name of halow project, registered charity no. 1116773.
Please note: The halow Project are currently operating a mandatory testing policy for COVID-19 as part of a temporary operational response to the managing the risk associated with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. All staff are required to undertake weekly PCR testing and wear appropriate PPE. The policy will be regularly reviewed and updated inline with any changes to Government guidelines and policy relating to COVID-19.