About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and inspiring professional to join the halow team in the key senior operational management role, Head of Care Services. You will lead and manage our network of small supported living houses in the local community and our outreach service, which helps people with gain their independence in their community.
As a charity with a highly person-centred approach, the purpose and real heart of the role is to motivate, listen and improve the lives of the young people we work with and to nurture the dedicated staff team so that they feel encouraged in their roles. In turn this will inspire the wider community, our stakeholders, partner organisations and donors, so that together we can all continually challenge how care is provided and delivered to the individual, supporting them to live the best life they can.
We are focused on supporting and investing in our employees who in turn make the frontline difference for young people that have a learning disability. We believe that guiding our care services in the next stages of their development represents a fantastic opportunity. Do you have the ambition, the required skills, positivity and drive to make a difference?
To be considered for interview, you must be:
- Passionate about the outcomes we achieve for young people, to set them up for the next steps in their lives.
- A strategic, creative senior manager and leader with demonstrable experience and transferrable skills.
- Able to lead, develop, promote, evaluate and manage a high-quality service.
- An experienced manager of a regulated service.
- A strong and positive communicator who can proactively communicate with any stakeholder.
- A natural and efficient organiser, of both themselves and others; and able to utilise technology to support this.
- An experienced professional with extensive knowledge and training in both safeguarding and health and safety.
- An effective manager of staff, with clear leadership skills.
- A self-starter with a can-do positive attitude.
What we offer:
- halow is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, workplace pension, employee discount scheme, and other great employee benefits.
- Fully paid training and ongoing career development.
- An employee assistance programme, and a supportive and caring team to work with.
How to apply
Please visit our careers page where you will be able to download the full job description, watch our ‘life at halow’ video and complete the online application form. https://halowproject.livevacancies.co.uk/#
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 2nd December 2021
Interviews will take place: Week commencing Monday 6th December 2021
Successful applications are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
halow is the operating name of halow project, registered charity no. 1116773.