Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a manager to join us as our Get Out There (GOT) Group Coordinator in Manchester.
This is a fixed- term contract (FTC) for 36 months, working 21 hours per week. Your hours will be made up of 4 hours on a Saturday and the rest will be flexible across the week (you will be able to discuss your shifts during your interview).
You will join a fantastic team at our brand new service for a GOT Saturday and Holiday Club based in Manchester City. The ‘Get Out There’ Clubs provide support for children and young people who still live at home with their families.
As a GOT Group Coordinator, you will lead a social programme of support worker and/or volunteer-led activities for children and young people with Complex needs, which may include sensory impairments, additional learning and physical disabilities and/or autism.
Activities include football, dance, gym visits, boxing, bowling, shopping, trips out to farms, soft play, fishing, dog walking and volunteering in charity shops with a young person. Our Saturday group also do things like pizza making, messy play, arts and crafts, music workshops, water play, sensory activities.
You will need flexibility with the hours you work per week and must be available on Saturdays.
Please read the attached one page profile to really understand the great work that we do and how you can become a part of it.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You require a full UK license and must be willing/able to drive your own vehicle.
- Caring/Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/