Looking for a rewarding trade career as an Operative - General Trades? Use your skills to help Fairhive repair, maintain and improve affordable housing in Buckinghamshire.
Fairhive is a non-profit affordable housing provider with ambition. We already provide affordable housing to more than 20,000 people in our community but we want to do more. That’s why we are striving to provide 1,000 additional homes by 2025.
Our trades team play a vital role in the provision of our services from repairing and maintaining existing housing stock to managing environmental improvements to provide more families in our community with a home.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Operative General Trades to join our team and to help us achieve our social mission.
Working in our Voids team, you will be responsible for the refurbishment of empty properties, working in a team with other skilled tradespeople.
On the Job you will:
- work in empty properties to refurbish them to our Voids standard
- carry out carpentry/plumbing/decoration repairs/installation as necessary
- carry out repairs to tenanted properties as and when required
- execute workmanship to a high standard and ensure strict compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
We’re looking for someone who understands how important it is to have a safe place we can call home and who is motivated to support the local community.
For this role you will need:
- Post qualification experience in repair and maintenance works both in occupied and unoccupied properties including property inspections, defects analysis and specifying building repairs.
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
- good communication skills,
- the ability to work as a part of a multi-disciplined team,
- good time management skills
- practical problem solving skills
If you’re open minded, compassionate and want to learn more about a career in our Trades team, we’d love to hear from you!
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
Our Vision and Values express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. As part of our continued commitment to our workforce accurately reflecting the community we represent, we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability, as part of our ongoing commitment to Equality and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date: Friday 3rd June 2022 at midday
Interview date: to be confirmed
All applications for this role will be reviewed on a continuous basis. As such, should a suitable candidate apply before the closing date, interviews and offers may take place before this date.