Looking for a rewarding trade career as a Gas Operative? Use your skills to help Fairhive Homes repair, maintain and improve affordable housing in Buckinghamshire.
Fairhive is a non-profit affordable housing provider with ambition. We already provide affordable housing to more than 20,000 people in our community but we want to do more. That’s why we are striving to provide 1,000 additional homes by 2025.
Our trades team play a vital role in the provision of our services from repairing and maintaining existing housing stock to managing environmental improvements to provide more families in our community with a home.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced 2x Gas Operatives to join our team.
On the job you will:
- Provide a responsive and professional gas trade service to residents in their homes ensuring internal and external work sites are adequately protected, respecting resident privacy and property at all times.
- Carry out annual Landlord Safety Inspections ensuring all documentation is completed complying with Core Gas Procedures and Gas Safety regulations.
- Service, install and repair all types of domestic gas heating equipment, operate and manage gas work tasks and diagnose and rectify faults on all types of domestic gas heating systems and controls in order to deliver a ‘right first time’ service to residents
We’re looking for someone who understands how to connect with people and is great at working with the team.
You will provide a responsive and professional gas trade service to residents in their homes ensuring internal and external work sites are adequately protected, respecting resident privacy and property at all times.
If you’re open minded, confident, compassionate and want to learn more about The Trust and the Gas Team then we’d love to hear from you!
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
- Post qualification experience both in occupied and unoccupied properties.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work to deadlines, prioritise workloads and demonstrate a good awareness of health and safety
- Effective communication skills at all levels and good level of IT skills
The minimum qualifications required are
Hold City & Guilds Part III /NVQ level 3 in Mechanical /plumbing Installation or other equivalent qualification.
- Hold Domestic - ACS CCN1, ACS CEN1, ACS HTR1, ACS WAT1, ACS CKR1, ACS CPA1, CENWAT.
- Be Gas Safe registered.
- A current and full driving licence
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
Our Vision and Values express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. As part of our continued commitment to our workforce accurately reflecting the community we represent, we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability, as part of our ongoing commitment to Equality and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date: 5th July 2022 - midday
Interview date: To follow shortly after closing date
All applications for this role will be reviewed on a continuous basis. As such, should a suitable candidate apply before the closing date, interviews and offers may take place before this date.