Are you self-motivated, passionate about helping people and keen to join a dynamic organisation? This may be the perfect position for you!
Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust is a ‘not-for-profit’ Registered Provider of affordable housing for nearly 20,000 people living and working in Aylesbury and across Buckinghamshire and beyond.
- we own and are responsible for over 8,500 homes,
- Our annual turnover of over £45 million,
- We have more than 270 employees,
We aim to make a significant social and economic contribution within the communities where we work.
We are a dynamic organisation seeking to provide over 1000 new homes by 2025 while also increasing flexibility with the way we work and reducing our environmental impact and improving our sustainability.
About the Role
On the job you will:
- Provide a responsive and professional gas trade service to residents in their homes ensuring internal and external work sites are adequately protected, respecting resident privacy and property at all times.
- Carry out annual Landlord Safety Inspections ensuring all documentation is completed complying with Core Gas Procedures and Gas Safety regulations.
- Service, install and repair all types of domestic and commercial gas heating equipment, operate and manage gas work tasks and diagnose and rectify faults on all types of domestic and commercial gas heating systems and controls in order to deliver a ‘right first time’ service to residents.
We’re looking for someone who understands how to connect with people and is great at working with the team.
You will provide a responsive and professional gas trade service to residents in their homes ensuring internal and external work sites are adequately protected, respecting resident privacy and property at all times.
If you’re open minded, confident, compassionate and want to learn more about The Trust and the Gas Team then we’d love to hear from you!
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
- Post qualification experience both in occupied and unoccupied properties.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work to deadlines, prioritise workloads and demonstrate a good awareness of health and safety
- Effective communication skills at all levels and good level of IT skills
The minimum qualifications required are
Hold City & Guilds Part III /NVQ level 3 in Mechanical /plumbing Installation or other equivalent qualification.
- Hold Domestic - ACS CCN1, ACS CEN1, ACS HTR1, ACS WAT1, ACS CKR1, ACS CPA1, CENWAT.
- Be Gas Safe registered.
- A current and full driving licence
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
We’re inclusive with a strong set of values which express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. We celebrate innovation and different points of view and want a team that is reflective of the communities we serve. Thus we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability. Enthusiasm, willingness to contribute and a real commitment to connect and bring us closer to our customers and communities is essential. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date: 14th January 2022 - midday
Interview date: To follow shortly after closing date