The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking a Gas/LNG Analyst for a contracted consultant role based in Europe. We are looking for an experienced professional with deep knowledge of the Gas/LNG sector in Europe. The consultant must also possess a commitment to IEEFA's mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Producing written research, analysis and commentary for publication and internal use on energy transition issues across Europe, with a focus on gas. Issues to examine may include:
- financial risks of new infrastructure, such as LNG terminals or gas pipelines
- regulated returns of major gas transmission system operators
- evolution of gas markets, the future role of gas fuels and EU regulatory context
- alternative gas fuels, such as bio/synthetic methane and hydrogen
- asset-level case studies, such as cashflow analysis of gas power/heat plants
- Providing timely, relevant information for IEEFA including emerging regional energy issues and themes.
- Establishing and developing relationships between IEEFA and relevant energy and finance professionals and community organizations in Europe, to improve information flow.
- Other duties as mutually agreed.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with financial analysis in the energy sector, or a related field.
- Minimum Bachelor’s level degree qualification.
- Fluent in one or more European languages.
- Strong understanding of gas/LNG, oil, renewables, mining, power and heating markets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective positive relationships with companies, investors, governments/policy-makers, journalists, campaign groups, and foundations.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely.
- High degree of technological proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software and applications.
- Team oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
- Preference will be given to residents (or former residents) of the following countries:
- Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland
EOE: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, equity and inclusion at IEEFA. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing all employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy/parental status or disability status.
Term and Schedule: The initial contract will be negotiated within a range of 3 and 5 days per week over 6-12 months. This initial contract may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funding.
Travel: Some travel may be required (when it becomes possible).
To Apply: Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to EuroGasAnalyst@ieefa.org. All submissions should be sent by email with the phrase “Gas/LNG Sector Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of applicants will begin in February 2021.